"Find Joy in the Journey"



Monday, March 16, 2009

Cash Incentives

SO...The other day I wasn't feeling very good and asked Trent if he would take over homeschooling the kids. I was laying down for a while thinking how quiet it was out there, and went out to see what exactly was going on. Jace and Amari were sitting there doing their homework, no complaining, groaning, nothing. I thought to myself, "WOW, Trent needs to do this more often!" Then I saw his wallet in front of him, and I looked up to see a hundred dollar bill taped to the wall! Can you say BRIBERY??? I asked Trent what the crap was going on? The kids proceeded to explain to me that if they do good in their homework, and when they go back to school, if they finish out with all A's then they each get their own ipod. (hence the money on the wall) And Trent was all smiles!

9 comments:

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Now that's a stimulus plan!! I've never seen kids smile so big while doing there homework. I guess Trent always has a career as a school teacher once he retires from basketball!??? Classic! :)

~Jared

Renee said...

That is really funny! I didn't realize that you were homeschooling the kids...good for you but I am guessing that can be challenging!!!!

shelby said...

Wow maybe I go about things all wrong at my house! Just Kidding that is so funny!! When do you guys come back? I spent some time talking with your mom & dad in St George this weekend. I love them!!

Brookie said...

haha...that is funny! love it, way to go trent! hopefully you got a good nap in:)
xoxo

The Browns said...

Oh that is so funny. It is just like a dad to make things seem so much easier. They always have something up their sleeve and that is why it looks so much easier. Good one Trent!

Amber33 said...

Classic Trent for sure!!!

Amber33 said...

Classic Trent. Some things never change!

Crystal said...

That is awesome. Way to go Trent. What a great dad, for real. I have always thought you all make the cutest family. Love you.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny, that made me laugh. That is so Trent what a good dad he is. O I miss you guys so much